Thursday, August 18, 2011

What's new.

It seems as though I have stopped blogging for about 6 months. There are days when I get a hankering to start again. Always with the intention of keeping up with it. But, life happens and distraction happens and summer happens, you blink and time passes. Lots of time.

I have begun canning again. I guess canning could happen anytime of the year but for some reason, it's the end of summer that draws me back in, what with the fresh produce abounding. Maybe it's the cooler temps at night. Maybe both. Either way, I love it. I made a low-carb version of eggplant parmesan a few weeks back and had a few tomatoes laying around and thought I'd try to come up with a marinara sauce. It worked, my husband loved it. So I decided to can marinara. Easy enough for pasta dishes, chicken or eggplant parmesan, maybe even pizza, if we're feeling froggy. And there's nothing quite like a dish made with farm fresh, organic produce. So awesome. Soon enough, we'll be getting bushels of apples and start canning applesauce too. May even try freezing some corn.

It's been an awesome summer. I've spent some wonderful time with the children. They've had so much fun together and I feel that we've all grown as a family. I'm so grateful to be able to stay home with them. There are days when it's frustrating, but all of the frustration in the world is worth enduring for the time we get together.

So, another summer passes by, school starts next week for Bailey, the Monday after for Nick and Alex. The time is fleeting. They're growing up so fast. I pray that some of the memories shared this summer will last through their lifetime. May my priorities be what they should be and may I not take for granted these precious lives...


'Show me, LORD, my life’s end
   and the number of my days;
   let me know how fleeting my life is.'  Psalm 39:4

No comments:

Post a Comment