Wednesday, May 12, 2010

On this day.

I need to get my eyes off of myself and on to Him. When my eyes are on myself (not literally, mind you), I'm selfish, self-centered, self-focused, self, self, me, Me, ME!!!!  Ahhh, but when I get my eyes on the Lord, my priorities change, from bringing glory to myself to bringing glory to Him. Our society is all about self. And it is  a daily challenge for me who is by nature very selfish to keep my focus where it ought to be, not where I want it to be.
Where is your focus today? Is your focus on you and your problems, or are you focused on the God you serve, the One who sacrificed so greatly for His children? Does He not deserve more than our hour  a week at church?  How much does He deserve? A day? A few prayers here and there? Or does He deserve much more from us?
Please understand that I do not give God everything that I should. As I write this, I am trying to stir myself up to do the right thing. And I'm not talking about ritual here, or a formula. That if you put in four hours a day then everything's good. And God doesn't need anything from me. He's God. He's perfect. But His Word says, "Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." Jesus Christ gave His life. His life. Should I not be grateful enough to dedicate my life to Him as well?

On this day, Lord.
       Humble me, as I am proud.
       Empower me, as I am weak.
       Love me, as I am me.
       Fill me with joy, when I am sorrowful.
       Give me peace, when I am overwhelmed.
       Help me to have patience, where I lack.
       Help me be kind, when I want to be haughty.
       May I be longsuffering, as you are.
       Lord, I want to be more like you.
       Please, Lord, I can't do it without You.   

3 comments:

  1. Each time you post, your words are so powerful and inspiring. I look forward to your next post, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you baby. I need this prayer for me too!

    ReplyDelete